Travel is still on my mind, with upcoming road trips and flight plans here in the Northwest. Last night as I nestled into my flannel pillow case, I was reminded of the ways I’ve used pillow cases over the years.
- My pillow case on a hotel pillow protects my face from commercial laundry products and gives me a sense of home.
- A pillow case tucked into camping gear can be filled with clean-cloths to make a pillow.
- Conversely a pillow case makes a great dirty-cloths collector, no matter where you travel.
- Patterned pillow cases add flair to beds at home. And,
- A family pillow fight can bring fun and laughter to a night at home.
A packed pillow case can bring a sense of home, along with being functional. As small of a thing as a pillow case seems, it is both the large and the small things that help us nest, that help us feel at home. What small things cause you to feel at home?
Note: This Jana Kemp post first appeared online October 10, 2018.