Postcards are a form of travel card sending. Go on a trip, select a photo card of the place you are standing, jot a note, place the stamp, and send it off to family and friends. Selfies taken in traveled-to places and shared with family and friends or posted on social media are a high-tech version of postcards.
In between a postcard and a selfie, mailed or tucked into surprising places, NestingCards proposes a variety of ways to share and send travel cards.
- Camp: Nest seven cards to share moments of love with a child away at camp. Opening one card a day, or on dates you’ve put on each card, gives the child a reminder hug that you are thinking of him while away at camp – provides her with encouragement to enjoy the experience. Tuck the nest in the camper’s suitcase or duffle bag for discovery when at camp.
- Suitcase surprise: When someone is traveling away from you, tuck nested cards into the suitcase as a surprise. Date or sequentially number the cards for opening. Travelers of all ages enjoy these nested cards.
- Leave-at-Home: When you are the traveler, consider leaving nested cards at home for your spouse, partner, and/or children to open. Remind them of your love. Offer words of encouragement. Share a story that prompts a smile or laugh. Provide a “When I’m back, we will…” coupon or message. People not traveling often feel left behind. Help them feel your love.
- Pages of a Book: Another idea for when you are the traveler is to tuck a series of cards into the pages of the book your sweetheart or child is reading. What fun for them to come across a card from you in the quiet moments of reading! When you gift a person a book, you can also add cards between pages to say hello or happy birthday, or to mark favorite passages in the gifted book.
- Take-along: Take a set of NestingCards with you on a trip so that you can write a note, share a travel story, or simply say “I’m thinking of you” while you are on the road. Or on a cruise. Or on a camping trip. Advance addressing, stamping, and packing of your cards will make on-the-trip sending a joyful breeze.
Where are you traveling this week? Whom would enjoy receiving cards from you while you are traveling this month?
Photo note: Tropical Impressions by Peg Owens for NestingCards®.
NestingCards videos here: Welcome to NestingCards - YouTube
Nesting shares ideas for using NestingCards® and tips for creating keepsake memories on these cards which are printed with original images and paintings on fine papers. The written word shares joy, creates memories, and can envelope a sense of home! Enjoy browsing and shopping www.NestingCards.com for fun, for gifts, and for joy-spreading possibilities.
NestingCards® is a registered Trademark, United States Patent and Trademark Office.